SNAIL Forum Index SNAIL
☠ Vintage School 2CV

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help an Aussie get some parts...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harley
Dropped

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Help an Aussie get some parts... Reply with quote

Hi Snailers
I am in need of some assistance and advice on sourcing some 2cv parts.
Firstly i need an engine breather like this new type: http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=00359+&x=0&y=0
I have had no luv from Ecas with email or phone. Can you get them anywhere else??
I want to biuld a strong engine, Stronger pushrods, Valves and require a 650cc bore kit, like this: http://www.citroentuning.de/he_2cv.htm Engine will have fuel injection, 123 ignition, with possibility of small Supercharger and modified exhaust, What Cam would you recommend for this setup?

I am also interested in Fiberglass fenders and Bonnet does anyone have any contacts for these?
Foremost if anyone can help with the engine breather...

Cheers guys
Harley
Etienne
Hoodrider

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the plastic parts :

http://www.la-deuche-en-plastique.com/album_2cv.html

or

http://www.steletpolyester.be/

Well it's in french and the websites are crap... But I know well both of them.
JoZeF
Grave Digger

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You'll have to hang on about the breather 'cause I think they're the only ones selling it. I'm sure they'll get back to you.

Regarding tuning.

Your best bet is to start off with a real 652 engine... if you can get hold of one... the 602 is a bad engine for (proper) tuning, and fitting rebored cylinders is a bad Idea for reliability (especially in supercharging applications where heat increase can be high). the Visa 652 wasn't just rebored and fitted with electronic ignition... there's much more to it than that.

As you probably won't be able to get hold of a Visa engine... I'd advise you to stay with 602cc (with compression ratio lowered if supercharger fitted) and fit a reinforced crank (available here : www.mecaparts.com They also do other race orientated engine parts)

If you fit a Supercharger I would recommend keeping your standard Camshaft. It's quite Ok for turbocharged setups where overlap must be minimal.

Harley
Dropped

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
fit a reinforced crank (available here : www.mecaparts.com They also do other race orientated engine parts)

Is this the part you mean JoZef
Embiellage echange standard avec coussinets tri-metal 2 cv 6 /et 2cv cross
Crankshaft standard replacement, MP7072.
http://www.mecaparts.com/2CV/2cvcross.php?col=null&sortie=html&lang=0#ok

Mmmh. I will do my best on the Visa Engine...

Ettienne thanks for the links, I have sent off emails to them both, I hope they can understand my Frenglish Laughing

Cheers guys
Harley
JoZeF
Grave Digger

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's it.

they also have valves and valve springs etc as you've probably noticed

Bart
Lowered

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like Josef says, I would advise you not to get a big bore (652cc) kit for a 2cv engine. I (luckally) haven't got experiance with them, but I heard some stories of people who bought them and blow them as well.... Rolling Eyes

For fiberglass panels, I know someone in Belgium who makes them, don't know whether he got a website, but sent me an email for his email address when you want to contatct him.

Furtheremore, I haven't got a lot of experiance with camshafts, so can't give you a good advice. If I were you I'd get in touch with Geoff Archer http://www.2cv-speed-shop.co.uk/ he might well be able to answer your question and help you out.

Last but not least, when you want a modified exhaust, but keep the heatexchangers, let me know. A friend of mine builds and sells replacement ones for the crossbox which have race tuned lengths and have proven to be better than a crossbox on the rollingroad. I don't know the exact gain by hard but it surely was significant and I can have a look when anybody like to know.

Cheers, Bart
Harley
Dropped

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a Visa engine in Australia Very Happy it will arrive in a couple of weeks.
loosing oil so it will need a rebuild, next thing is sourcing parts. Also deciding what is the best gearbox combination.

Harley
Kustombart
Tiki burner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I wanted to add my bit in this conversation. Yhe Visa engine is stronger because it has heavier crankshaft and pistons and connecting rods. Unfortunately, that also means it cannot rev so high. It is an engine which has a lot of low-end torque but is a little asthmatic.

I have seen several 602 engines with big-bore kit (650cc), either with or without race cams. I have yet to hear about blown engines. This way you get more low-end torque and high revs.

These guys sell them and fit them in their customers' cars:
www.burtoncar.com

They have a good website for ordering parts (many languages and pictures) and they do a lot of email contact, also with foreign countries. Click on "parts shop" to see.

www.kustombart.com
JoZeF
Grave Digger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the weight that makes the crank stronger... the 602 crank for example is a good paperweight Laughing

It has better bearings all round, the oil system is different, allowing better lubrication, ignition system is light years ahead, etc etc

It has more power capabilities than a 602, because it is not just a big bore 602. it has been modified properly, in so far as they didn't change one parameter and leave it at that.

How often and how fast are these rebored 602 driven ? In normally aspirated intake it will probably work but I thik it is impossible to fit machined liners on a 602 with a stock crank and hope to keep it alive with a 'charger on top...

harley : did you just get the engine or did you get the necessary parts to run it : coil, ignition computer, etc ?

Kustombart
Tiki burner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the reliability of rebored 602's, it's good. One of my best friends drove this 602/652 with high lift cam, lightened flywheel and electronic ignition:

for 1,5 years, daily 90kms and on occasion much farther. He has a lead foot, like me. He sold it a year ago but it still runs, no engine problems.

As for ignition, I think the modern electronic ignitions (in particular the DGnition) are way better than Visa system. A big advantage is that the new systems do not have those damn crank sensors that break at high temps. Most of the new systems also have improved advance curves for better throttle response.

I have not seen a supercharged version of the 602 or 652 so I don't know about that one. How much extra power would that generate? I know of double carbed (street) 602 engines of 45hp that still run reliably.

www.kustombart.com
Harley
Dropped

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for al the info guys.

@ Bart;
Thanks i see that Burton do stock a lot of Visa parts and they are cheaper than Ecas, who still haven't responded to my emails or calls... I looked into the 602/652 bigbore, I have been in touch with Maurice STP (yes i know he is madd Twisted Evil ) he has been very helpful this is what he had to say.
"Big Bore Kit 652 have to high compression for supercharger, the 660/670 is better due to ist lower compression ratio."
"Visa engine (M29) is stronger and support better the high load of supercharging versus the 2CV6/Ami8 engine (M28). Cylinders are aluminium Nikasil coated (excellent thermal conductivity and remain much colder than cast iron), exist in low compression (8.4:1), camshaft have a right lobe centerline of 113° (but duration and lift must be improved by regrind for supercharging), crankshaft (with 3 bearings!) is very much stronger, you can go easily for reliable 60 HP."
602 is a lot more assesible here but the Visa seems the right choice, i can't beleive i got one! i bet the died hard 2cvers here will spew when they find out what i'm going to do with it Very Happy

@ Jozef;
Engine came from a european 2cv on Raid Australia 2000, owner shipped over another Visa engine because this one used/leaked to much oil for heavy outback sand use. I bought it from the mechanic who replaced it, Peter Fosselius www.2cviking.com (Viking Bastard!), who is moving to France to start up a serious 2cv restoration shop Shocked .
Engine only no ignition system, full rebuild required.
What are your thoughts, my 2cv mechanic can modify the crank to take 2cv points box/123 ignition etc. or should i source the original visa ignition? I currently have the old 123 Ignition for 4 years, also looking at the Piranha unit from STP.

Cheers
Harley
JoZeF
Grave Digger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure duration should be increased for supercharging applications ? maybe i'm wrong...

Anyway.

You could fit this ignition system to it. it seems like a decent piece of home makeable kit.

Kironk can probably tell us more about it

Harley
Dropped

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the type of blower i'm looking at.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250252117244
These sell for $345 at wreckers and are readily available, some info;
Fitted to Subaru Vivio/Pleo, It measures approximately 18.5cm in length (including the pulley) and the main body is around 15cm wide and 10.5cm tall, 45mm OD outlet pipe, around 6kg weight. Manufactured by Aisin and is coded AMR300. This code suggests it displaces 300cc of induction air per revolution.
The 660cc supercharged Vivio engine is rated 47kW and has 84Nm of torque.

Harley
JoZeF
Grave Digger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one here I'm getting ready to use...

Wink

Harley
Dropped

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Nice one! Will be interested in the result, what engine are you putting it on, Alfa or Citroen?
Do you know the original Vivio pully size i haven't found that out yet...

Cheers
Harley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SNAIL Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: